Saturday, May 1, 2010

GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!

Well all I can say is alot has occurred since my last post!! God has truly put our family through some trials to strengthen us, to help our faith grow, to be better servants, to not take life for granted, to love each other more, to cling to His word like never before, and many many more reasons I am sure. These trials have consisted of several things, the most difficult being Garrett's health. As I am typing this today he is feeling great, and God has done a major work in his life. Our marriage was not bad before at all; however, it has changed so much for the better in a way I never thought possible. There was a day when we felt so close and that day does not compare how great I feel about our relationship today! Garrett passed the test and allowed this trial to improve his spiritual leadership in our family, to improve his love for life, to be a better daddy and husband, to not sweat the small stuff, to have a total different perspective on daily living, and to build a stronger foundation for us to know to trust God always. Words can never express my appreciation to our family and friends for their prayers, help, support, and love during this difficult time. It amazes me that when God placed us in our particular family and friends circle years ago up until now, He knew what we would go through and who He would use to meet our needs. I was overwhelmed by the peace God provided for me when Garrett was weak and vice versa. "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young a devotional book that I have been given twice was such a refreshing read daily!! The two songs that spoke to me in a very special way were:

"The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets

Be strong in the Lord and, never give up hope, Your gonna do great things, I already know, Gods got His hand on you so, Don't live life in fear, forgive and forget, But don't forget why your here, Take your time and pray, these are the words I would say.

"Before The Morning" by Josh Wilson

Would you dare, would you dare to believe, that you still have a reason to sing? 'Cause the pain that you've been feeling, It can't compare to the joy that's coming, So hold on you've gotta wait for the light, Press on and just fight the good fight, 'Cause the pain that you've been feeling, it's just the dark before the morning

Well at this moment I know that God is orchestrating something major in our life. The anxieties rise and I have to remind myself to walk the talk and rely on God. Knowing He is in control and He is giving us what we need for today is one thing, applying it is another. I want to try my hardest during our families daily life to let His light shine and others to see our dependence on Him. We know we were chosen to go through these specific difficulties for a reason and I hope we are able to learn from them and help others through similar things. We would be thankful for your continued prayers!!

Saying all this to say there is no way my brain can go all the way back to her 2 month. As bad as I wanted to have it all recapped and documented, I would be overwhelmed to go that far back. I will begin hopefully today to post some recent pics and happenings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for having interest in our life!! Looking forward to God opening up opportunities to be ministered to and to minister to others!